Wednesday 8 July 2015

Carrot cake (muffins)

On one occasion, many years ago, when I first arrived in Argentina, I was invited to an asado on a farm in San Antonio de Areco. And, as is my custom, I baked a cake to take along. A carrot cake. Unknown to me at the time, carrot cakes were not that well known amongst my group of (new) friends and the amount of banter I had to put up with for making a "salad" cake was unreal. Thankfully, today, my friends are all in love with this simple and very tasty cake.
The cake is made in two separate bowls, one for the dry ingredients and the other for the wet ingredients. In the dry ingredients bowl: 2 cups of flour, 2 cups of sugar, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, half a teaspoon of salt and half a teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
In the wet ingredients bowl, 4 eggs, half a cup of oil, 3 cups of grated carrots, half a cup of broken up walnuts.
Mix each bowl separately and then combine, mixing just enough to combine the ingredients. Pour the mixture into a loaf baking pan and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes on medium heat or until dry on the inside. Alternatively, as I did this time, bake in muffin tins.
Follow me on Instagram: johncavernelis
Check out my Facebook page: Simple Foodies

No comments:

Post a Comment