Thursday 28 May 2015

Sauteed beef with Shiitake mushrooms

Whenever I'm working with meat, I always trim off the bits and pieces I don't want (at that moment) and store them in the freezer. When I have enough, a new dish is born, like this one.
Take two large onions and dice them roughly, place in a deep pan or casserole with a clove of crushed garlic, some butter, salt and pepper to taste. Once the onions are transparent, add in your beef strips and brown evenly. Next, add in the Shiitake mushrooms, diced (allow to hydrate beforehand) and stir through. To complete the recipe, add cream to the mixture and turn the heat down, allowing a few minutes to simmer.
Meanwhile, boil rice, strain and return the rice strainer to the pot (with a little water) so that the rice can steam and become fluffy.
Follow me on Instagram: johncavernelis
Check out my Facebook page: Simple Foodies

No comments:

Post a Comment