Tuesday 9 June 2015

Grilled fish

In a country that lays so much emphasis on meat (beef), fish is somewhat of a treat and there's nothing simpler and more tasty than some oven-grilled hake.
First, take your baking tray and cover it with aluminium paper (which will prevent the fish from sticking and will make cleaning up afterwards a cinch). Pain the surface with some olive oil and place the fish fillets on top, seasoning with freshly ground black pepper and salt. I also used fresh oregano from the garden. To finish off, add a few thin slices of butter to the fish and the juice of a lemon. Bake for about five minutes (at most), depending on the thickness of the fish.
To accompany the fish (and because I had time and wanted to entertain my family), I made standard mashed potatoes and then piped them out onto the plate using an icing bag with a broad head. To complete the meal, nothing accompanies fresh fish better than a crispy green salad.
Foll me on Instagram: johncavernelis
Check out my Facebook page: Simple Foodies

No comments:

Post a Comment