Sunday 11 January 2015

Banana oat muffins

Today has been a bombardment of positive emotions, all caused by my kids, who have been watching me with some interest while I've been blogging, Facebooking, Instagramming. "Can Anna and I also help, Dad?" was the request and to my "How would you like to help?" question came the simple reply: "By baking muffins ourselves". And that's exactly what they did. I lit the oven for them, put the muffins in and removed the finished product. They did the rest. Enjoy! Also check out my Facebook page: Simple Foodies. And follow me on Instagram: johncavernelis
Ingredients:
1½ cups of flour                                1 egg
1 cup of oats                                       ¾ cup of milk
½ cup of sugar                                   ⅓ cup of oil
2 teaspoons of baking powder           ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of baking soda                 1 cup mashed bananas
½ teaspoon of salt

Method:
1.      Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
2.      In a different bowl, beat the egg lightly. Stir in the milk, oil and vanilla. Add the mashed banana and combine thoroughly. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined
3.      Pour mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups
4.      Bake at 200ºC for 18 to 20 minutes

Alternatives:

Instead of using bananas, use a cup of grated apples (and add in a teaspoon of ground cinnamon)

No comments:

Post a Comment