Saturday 24 January 2015

Peach chutney

When I started this page I made myself a promise to try and keep the recipes simple (hence Simple Foodies) but with the idea of the final product appearing more complicated. Today's recipe achieves that goal splendidly!
To make about 1,5 litres of chutney, I used 2kg peaches, peeled and sliced, 4 large onions that have been peeled and sliced, 300g to 350g of white sugar, 4 cloves of garlic, crushed, 200ml vinegar. For the spices, I used 25ml curry spice, 10ml tumeric, 5ml cayenne pepper and 10ml of salt.
Add all the ingredients into a thick-based pot and bring to the boil, stirring frequently. Reduce the heat and allow to boil for up to an hour. When the fruit is soft and falling apart, your chutney is done. If it is too runny, however, mix three teaspoons of corn flour (Maizena) in half a cup of water and stir into the mix, give it a quick boil and allow to stand.
Bottle in sterilized jars and allow to cool. Store in a cool dark place.
Follow my Facebook page: Simple Foodies

No comments:

Post a Comment