Saturday 10 January 2015

Stir fry

When choosing to write about this recipe, I was reminded about why I started this blog: the make simple recipes. This stir fry recipe is my stock simple recipe while it is both tasty and healthy.
I rarely set out to make stir fry! It is usually a culmination of bits and bobs that I have in my fridge which give rise to this creation. Hence it is never ever the same (which is great as my family believe
that I'm preparing something new every time!!!).
As I go about my daily dinner prep, I often find myself with a bit of uncooked chicken or beef left over. This I then cut up into strips, marinade with my pre-made garlic and ginger paste, cling wrap and freeze, to be used for stir fry at some stage.
The other leftover ingredient which prompts the cooking of stir fry is pasta. If there's a bit left over, I cover it in cling wrap and re-use it the following day.
And last, when I have loads of hard veggies in my fridge, stir fry becomes a reality.
To begin: slice the veggies into strips, more or less the dame size (helps when cooking). Leave in water until needed. Next, in a hot wok (or pan), add some oil and the meat or chicken and fry for a few minutes. At this stage you could coat the meat in flour and deep fry instead. Or add corn starch (Maizena) to the meat to coat it before frying. Once cooked, remove from the wok and place in a bowl. In the same wok (no, please don't clean it), add a little oil and your veggies (I usually do onions, garlic, spring onions, leeks first) then the rest (peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc). Once cooked (but not soft and soggy - they have to have a crunch), add the meat and the leftover pasta, and stir fry for about a minute. DONE!!! You could add some soy sauce for flavour. Or sesame seeds or pine nuts or some cubed pineapple for a more sweet taste. The options are quite limitless.
Remember to follow me on Instagram: johncavernelis
Check out my Facebook page: Simple Foodies

No comments:

Post a Comment